- The BUBO Forums have been created principally to facilitate discussion about bird listing, although discussion about other issues concerned with wild birds and birding (e.g. identification, migration, birding sites, travel, conservation, monitoring and surveys etc.) is perfectly acceptable. However, the BUBO Forums are not concerned with hunting, pigeon racing, captive birds or falconry; discussions concerned with these areas will generally be removed.
- It is an integral part of bird listing that not every record on every list will be believed by everyone else. It is not the place of the BUBO Listing management to take an opinion on other people's records. Moreover, BUBO Listing is not a forum for people to cast aspersions on other users or on their records. If listers genuinely wish to query whether a particular list entry has been entered erroneously then this is acceptable, so long as queries such as this are made politely.
- Registering under a pseudonym is not allowed, as it is against the spirit of openness within BUBO Listing: you must therefore use your real name. Anyone found to be using more than one identity for mischievous purposes is likely to find themselves removed from BUBO Listing.
- It is important to remember that any content added to BUBO Listing by a user will be visible to any other user. Therefore, BUBO Listing users have a responsibility to make sure that any content they publish is reasonable and good-natured; you must not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. In particular, language and content must be suitable for all ages.
- Any content that we become aware of that we deem unsuitable will be removed. Repeated transgressions may result in the lister being banned from further participation in BUBO Listing. If you become aware of any content that you consider unsuitable and think should be removed, please contact BUBO Listing immediately and we will investigate as soon as we can.
- Abusive and derogatory comments and insults are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. Please do not respond to a posting unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it.
- We recognise that some topics might fit into more than one forum or category but we ask that you please pick the best one and stick with it. If we consider that there is a better place for a particular discussion we may decide to move it ourselves.
- Ensure that any questions you post have not previously been asked by using the 'Search Forum' feature.
- Choose an appropriate subject line for your posts. Try to summarise the post briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the post content itself.
- We reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any post or thread for any reason.
- Links to other non-commercial or personal websites can be placed in signatures or on your profile. You may obviously post a direct link to an outside site given that the information is relevant to a question someone else has requested, or you believe it will be helpful to others. If we feel your signature link leads to a website liable to cause bad feeling amongst our membership we will remove it.
- Posting on a public forum to question or criticize moderator action is not appropriate. If you have concerns that you wish to discuss then please contact us privately and we will do our best to address them fairly and promptly.
- No commercial advertising is acceptable in the forums. If you wish to advertise a service or product on BUBO Listing you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to discuss this with you.
- Finally, although the administrators of the BUBO Forums will attempt to keep out all inappropriate messages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and BUBO Listing will not be held responsible for the content of any message.